Emirates Quality Mark (EQM) is a quality mark of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is regulated & implemented by Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology (ESMA), a federal authority of the UAE. With EQM, the process of consignment clearance at the ports of entry in the UAE can be expedited.
According to the current UAE regulations, EQM is mandatory for regulated products. Without EQM the regulated products are not permitted to be traded in the UAE and are subject to enforcement actions from the authorities that could include product withdrawals, fines and consignment reject at the UAE ports of entry.
List of regulated products
- Bottled Mineral & Natural Mineral Water
- Fruit Juices & Nectars
- Juices with Milk
- Flavored Artificial Drink (Non-Carbonated)
- Artificial Juice Powder
- Fruit Drink (Direct Consumption)
- Fresh Fruit Juice
- Sweetened Yogurt
- Flavored Yogurt
- Flavored Milk
- Laban Drink
- Flavored Laban
- Camel Milk
- Goat Milk
How we can help?
Our EQM Certification Consultancy services could include but not limited to:
- Classifying product(s) to reduce overall cost of the certification, wherever practicable
- Recommending the appropriate certification body
- Creating your account on the government online portal
- Making the application for certification
- Validating documentation & advise corrective action
- Providing guidance in preparation of the audit by the certification body
- Negotiating with notified body to possibly & feasibly dictate audit scheduling and reduce to audit time & cost.
- Assisting in closing non-compliance (if any)
- Communicating & coordinating between you & notified body throughout the process
- Ensuring the efficient and economically viable process
- Certification maintenance & annual renewals.